Repurposed Window: Necklace Display


There are so many ways to use old windows in your home.  I was lucky enough to stumble on this find while antique hunting a couple years ago.  All it needed from me was a quick light sand and some I paint to make it look a little cleaner.  Yes, it's quite distressed as it is now but before I painted it it looked way too beat up for my liking.  I used two colors of Martha Stewart Living paint samples, so it was a perfect use of flat paint. I love having small projects to use all my old paint samples with!

Even though this was already done for me, it would be a fairly easy project to do on your own.  Find a window and leave as is or paint it.  Use any type of hook that you like.  These hooks were actually already on the window, so I just painted them.  


Go to your local hardware store and have them cut a 2x4 large enough for the window and secure the window into the 2x4 with several nails.  You could also just prop the window against a wall or you could attach it onto the wall with some picture hangers.  Lots of options there so have fun!




Comments

Popular Posts