Honey Pecan Cream Cheese Spread

I was in the mood for a bagel and cream cheese the other day but didn't want just plain cream cheese, nor did I want any of the typical strawberry, blueberry, or any other kind of berry cream cheese available.

There was this bagel shop close to where I grew up where my friends and I would go quite often during my high school years.  They had this delicious walnut cream cheese that was so good and I wanted to try and recreate it.  Next time I'm in Chicago area, I think I'll need to go there for a visit.  Who knows if they still even make the same thing.  Oh Well!  Anyway, thanks for the inspiration little bagel shop on County Farm Road! 



The Ingredients:
Generously spreads on 2 full bagels

4 oz Organic Cream Cheese, slightly softened
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tablespoon Honey
1 1/2 - 2 Tablespoons Pecans, chopped

The Steps:

1) Add in all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl.  Using a fork, incorporate all of the ingredients together until fully combined. I ended up adding in more pecans (2 tablespoons worth) from what I originally thought.  Add more or less depending on how nutty you want your cream cheese.  

2) I lightly toasted my bagel before spreading on the cream cheese.  Your choice.  Enjoy! 



Comments

Popular Posts