Creamy Chocolate Pudding


If you are looking for a super quick dessert than look no further!  I think this took me about 15 minutes to put all together (minus chilling, if that is how you like your pudding).  I looked at numerous recipes online but I was in the mood to try out a guess-ipe (yea, that is guess and recipe put together in a made-up word).  Obviously, that means I give my best guess for how I think the recipe should look like.  My husband was excited for the pudding but of course I had to give him the disclosure that this was a trial.

But I love it when recipes turn out!  This pudding was creamy and super decadent.  I have to admit, that I could not even eat my whole cup.  For those chocolate lovers out there, you should probably try your hand at this one.  Seriously, really good.  It was be good with a fresh dollop of whipped cream, sprinkled with some extra mini chocolate chips.  

The Ingredients:
Serves 6, 1/2 Cup portions

3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 1/2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1/4 Cup Granulated Cane Sugar
Pinch of Kosher Salt (probably equaled a little less than 1/4 teaspoon)
2 Cups Organic Whole Milk
3/4 Cup Organic Sweetened Condensed Milk (I got a 14 oz squeeze bottle at Trader Joe's)
1/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract

The Steps:

1) Add the first 4 ingredients to a small stock pot.  Then incorporate with a whisk. Try to break up any clumps.




2) Turn heat on medium high heat and add in the sweetened condensed milk.  Then slowly add in the whole milk.  Stir constantly and bring to a low boil.  I recommend having a spatula on hand to scrap the sides since the whisk cannot quite get all the edges.  This helps make sure all of the dry ingredients get incorporated with the liquid and do not get stuck and then burn.



3) Have some small cups or ramekins ready to go. Once it comes to a low boil and has developed a thick consistency, turn heat down to simmer, add in the chocolate chips and cook another 1 minute, still stirring.    




4) Remove from heat and add in the vanilla, stir well.  Then add pudding to small serving bowls/cups.  I put my bowls on a 9x13 pan for ease of putting them in the fridge.  


This pudding is delicious warm but if you like your pudding chilled, place plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding to help the pudding from forming what is call a "skin".  Chill in the fridge for about 2 hours.  Of course if you like the skin, then you can leave the pudding uncovered.  


Comments

Popular Posts