Pumpkin Pancakes


I know pumpkin season is basically over but I bought cans of organic pumpkin from Costco, so I am still working my way through them all!  I have altered the amounts of these ingredients, especially the pumpkin, milk, and flour amounts, several times and I think I finally got it to the consistency I was looking to obtain.  The batter is much thicker than what I am used to seeing as pancake batter.  It allows the pancakes to be fluffy but with substance and bite which I like.  Hope you like it too!

1 1/2 Cups Flour (or swap in gluten free flour)
2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar (granulated or brown sugar works too)
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Allspice
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
Couple dashes Cloves
2 Large Eggs
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup Whole Milk
6 Tablespoons Salted Butter, melted + slightly cooled
Pinch Kosher Salt



1) Mix all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, allspice, and cinnamon) together into a medium mixing bowl with a fork or whisk.


2) Make a well in the center of the bowl.  Crack the eggs in and add the vanilla extract.  Lightly beat the eggs and vanilla together.


3) Then add in the milk and pumpkin and incorporate the dry and wet ingredients together.  Then add in the melted butter, which has been slightly cooled and mix the batter well.





4) Pre-heat the skillet to a little under medium high heat.  Grease the skillet with butter or olive oil before adding the batter.  Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet.  Batter is pretty thick so you can gently spread the batter with the bottom of the measuring cup.  Cook pancakes about 2-3 minutes per side or until slightly golden on each side.



Comments

Popular Posts